2004 Lexus LS430
Up for sale is my facelift 2004 Lexus LS430 with 160k on the clock in mercury metallic silver with MOT until late October 2019 (no advisories which was issued by a council/government run MOT station not a back street garage!)
I’ve owned the car for about 10 months and in that time it's been brilliant. I’ll won’t bore you with the legendary mileage & reliability stories because if you’re already looking at this advert you’ll already know.
My work mileage has recently increased therefore I'm back to four cylinders unfortunately!
- Mot until 24th October 2019 with no advisories.
- Cambelt still has plenty of life left until it’s due with proof/invoice from Lexus
- Aftermarket gearbox cooler supplied and fitted by Paul Frost at (Lexus Spares Direct) eliminating the inherent LS430 gearbox issue. Gearbox oil has to be drained and new oil added as part of the process. The car was also underwent a service at the same time though I received no paper to support this.
- Aftermarket DAB with fm bluetooth connectivity (cheap aldi job but does the job really well!)
- 3 Keys including smart key.
- Black leather interior in very good condition.
- Everything works as it should except the few bits mentioned below.
- It drives beautifully, silky smooth with plenty of power.
- Climate blows cold.
- Air suspension works fine.
- Continental tyres (plenty of life left)
- Incredible UL spec list as follows….
4.3 litre 3UZ VVTI V8 engine, Keyless entry, Double glazing, Cruise control, Reversing camera, Power soft close doors and boot, Aftermarket gearbox cooler (supplied and fitted by Paul Frost @ Lexus spares direct), Air suspension (normal/high + sport mode) , Eco/power/snow modes, Stability control, Traction control, Abs and pretensioner. 14 speaker Mark Levinson sound system with upgraded subwoofer, Aftermarket DAB with FM Bluetooth transmitter) 6 CD changer, Heated and cooled electric memory front seats, Electric Sunroof, Electric seat belt height control, Continental tyres (plenty of life left), Auto corning Xenon headlights, Dual zone climate control, Satnav (latest maps), Homelink, Electric auto folding mirrors, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Electric telescopic/tilt steering wheel, Rear entertainment system / climate controls, Rear air conditioned fridge, Rear heated electric memory seats, Rear/mid/front/boot 12v out sockets, Rear electric window privacy blind and rear passenger side privacy blinds…..AND BREATHE!!
Now for the negatives,
- Firstly, body work. Not long after owning it I reversed into a bollard (even with a parking camera!...I was sleep deprived and blind apparently) It’s not “that” bad but there is a dent on the offside rear quarter and it’s chipped the paint on the arch. There’s also two small spots where the lacquer has come away plus a few scratches here and there but it does scrub up well.
- Radar cruise/PCS doesn’t work and puts an (!) on the dash. It’s never bothered me as normal cruise works fine and the warning light IS NOT an MOT failure hence the 8 months MOT with NO ADVISORIES! There is history for repairs carried out to this system but I never got it to work. Very few UK LS430’s came with radar anyway.
- Some parking sensors don’t work (cheap to replace) never bother me as reverse camera works fine.
- One rear height level sensor is a bit tatty so could do with a repair or replacing but works fine and wasn’t even an advisory, cheap to buy and an easy diy job to fit.
- One wing mirror cover cracked.
- Slight knock just behind the steering wheels occasionally.
- Part service history but still plenty of it.
- Wheels have standard Lexus oxidising and one needs a balance (some vibration at 60, though could be replaced with the full size spare in the boot.
If you're coming to test drive the car you need to bring proof of insurance as the car is NOT insured, I already have another car and insurance has been swapped over. Apps like “Cuvva” will give you insurance by the hour. The car is also SORN.
This is a completely honest sale as I've been done over in the past with sellers neglecting to disclose issues that they clearly knew about. I’m not one of those people! Come round, have a chat, brew etc and see for yourself.
(I will not ship the car abroad, I don't want to PX or swap, CASH sale only!)